Market access update
Welcoming Philip Drew, Head of Global Partnerships within our policy, access, value, and evidence capability
We are delighted to welcome Philip Drew to PRMA Consulting, part of Fishawack Health. In his role as Head of Global Partnerships, Philip brings over 12 years’ experience across the pharmaceutical and health science sector to our policy, access, value, and evidence partnerships with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
In this update, Philip shares how he will be engaging the collective force of our organization to help clients solve their most complex challenges.
An in-depth knowledge of the pricing, reimbursement, and access space
I have over 12 years’ experience in the market access and evidence sector. In that time, I’ve developed an up-to-date understanding of pricing, reimbursement, and access environments as well as expertise in core consulting methodologies that bring meaningful value for our clients.
My therapeutic experience includes haematology, oncology, ophthalmology, respiratory, cardiology, dermatology, neurology, vaccines, infectious disease, and rare disease.
Partnering with the industry on HEOR and market access for the benefit of patients
Some of my highlights from 12 years in global access and commercial consulting include:
- leading the successful delivery of a complex EU access programme for a repurposed generic product in a rare neuromuscular disorder
- supporting the European access strategy for an innovative vaccine, including running advisory boards and workshops across the EU5, developing pricing strategy and value messages, and supporting the submission
- delivering a global payer value masterclass for a top-5 pharmaceutical manufacturer with attendance from over 100 global payer stakeholders; this was held in Lisbon and broadcast live across 8 sites in key markets around the world
- leading creation of a digital therapeutics white paper, advising on investment strategies and routes to market for a top-10 pharma client.
Solving our clients’ most complex policy, access, value, and evidence challenges
My focus is on leading the client development teams to ensure we are delivering the world-class partnerships across our expert practices of policy, access, value, and evidence.
Together we will be strengthening these partnerships to bring innovative data, technology-driven solutions, and experience-based insights to their most complex healthcare challenges.
Engaging our collective force alongside our clients to address their future challenges
The future of health is fast-paced and complex, demanding innovative approaches to HEOR, market access, and value engagement. As Head of Global Partnerships, I am here to strengthen collaboration and embed key account management excellence across our organisation whilst maintaining the quality that is the cornerstone of our business.
My life outside of policy, access, value, and evidence
As a youngster I was dedicated to gymnastics, medalling at national competitions and competing for my country. I enjoy cycling, tennis, and playing my trombone – having toured with various theatre shows around the UK.
Most importantly – I’m a dedicated husband, and father to 3-year-old twins.
Our values are the foundation of trusted partnerships
I believe that the values that we share within our organization are the foundation of our internal relationships and the trusted partnerships that we maintain with our clients. Here are 2 company values that stand out for me:
- “We are authentic”: I believe it is so important to be your authentic self in the workplace – as complex problem-solving requires different minds. At PRMA Consulting, and within Fishawack Health, we value diversity – we show up to work as our true selves and communicate openly with our colleagues.
- “We enjoy the journey”: When we enjoy the journey, the outcomes are always greater, and even in the case of failure, never wasted. My colleagues here are inspired by each other in our work, and the opportunity to be a part of creating a healthier world.
We are always looking for people who will deliver first-class work
What makes PRMA Consulting, and Fishawack Health, so special is our diverse, dynamic, and inquisitive global team. Diversity drives innovation and we encourage different approaches and perspectives in our collaborative partnerships.
If you’d like to find out more about career opportunities within our organization, please look through our current vacancies.
Cell and gene therapy