Data controller: PRMA Consulting Limited
Data Protection Officer, Linea House, Harvest Crescent, Fleet, Hampshire GU51 2UZ United Kingdom
PRMA Consulting needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.This statement describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards — and to comply with data protection laws.
- ‘controller’ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data
- data subject’ is an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
- ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person
- ‘processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction
- ‘processor’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller
- ‘sensitive personal data’ is a specific set of “special categories” that must be treated with extra security. These categories include racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade union membership; genetic data; and biometric data (where processed to uniquely identify someone);
What information does PRMA Consulting collect?
PRMA Consulting collects and processes a range of information about customers including including:
- name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number and gender;
- the terms and conditions of your company’s engagement with PRMA Consulting;
Why does PRMA Consulting process personal data?
- Data is processed for the delivery of a consultancy engagement
- For marketing purposes and keeping you informed of new products and services
Who has access to data?
Your information may be shared internally, including with members of the project team, other consultants and IT staff only if access to the data is absolutely necessary.
PRMA Consulting may transfer your data to countries outside the European Economic Area.
How does PRMA Consulting protect data?
PRMA Consulting takes the security of your data seriously. PRMA Consulting has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties. Where PRMA Consulting engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
For how long does PRMA Consulting keep data?
PRMA Consulting will hold your personal data for the duration of your engagement. The period for which your data is held after the end of your engagement is in accordance with legal requirements.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require PRMA Consulting to change incorrect or incomplete data
- require PRMA Consulting to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing and
- object to the processing of your data where PRMA Consulting is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that PRMA Consulting has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.
Use of “cookies"
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this to help make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users and to help us make improvements.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on our website
- How long you spend on each page
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you’re visiting the site
- Browser information
- IP address
- Geographical location
We process your data for legitimate business interests in ways that you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal impact on privacy. These include:
- providing you with email or postal communications that we believe will be of interest or benefit
- enhancing the value you gain from these communications by determining their effectiveness.
We ensure that our processing is ethical and lawful. You have the right to object to this processing; please read the section titled ‘Your rights’ in our Privacy Statement.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are subject to their terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
PRMA Consulting is very concerned with the security of information relating to our users' use of the website and will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. However, due to the open nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that any information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from you, will be free from unauthorised access. By using the Website, you understand and agree to assume these risks.
This website is copyright of PRMA Consulting. Its content is copyright of PRMA Consulting and of contributors who have exclusively licensed such copyright to PRMA Consulting.
All intellectual property in the design and layout of this website and the material and information published on its pages belongs to and is vested in PRMA Consulting or its licensors. You may not copy any part of this site or otherwise do anything in relation to any part of the site other than the following:
(a) You may print or download to a local hard disk pages from this website for your personal and non-commercial use only.
(b) In material issued to third parties you may only quote from this site provided that such quote is not used in a misleading context and that you give due credit to both the author and to PRMA Consulting.
You may not otherwise use or reproduce any of this website or the material contained within it in any manner other than those listed above without first obtaining the prior written permission of PRMA Consulting.
Any images that appear on this website with an acknowledgement to the licensed material include restrictions on downloading such material for other than personal use, and prohibit republication, retransmission, reproduction or other use of the licensed material.
Disclaimer of liability
The material and information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, PRMA Consulting makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.
PRMA Consulting will not be liable for any false, inaccurate, inappropriate or incomplete information presented on the website.
Although every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly, due to the nature of the internet and the technology involved, PRMA Consulting takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues (or otherwise) beyond its control or for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of or access to, or inability to use or access this website whatsoever.
Certain links in this website will lead to websites that are not under the control of PRMA Consulting. When you activate these you will leave the PRMA Consulting website. PRMA Consulting has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of materials, products or services available on any website which is not under the control of PRMA Consulting. PRMA Consulting is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by PRMA Consulting of the site.
To the extent not prohibited by law, in no circumstances shall PRMA Consulting be liable to you or any other third parties for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising directly or indirectly from your use of or inability to use, this site or any of the material contained in it.
Browse our community of bloggers but be aware that the opinions expressed by the bloggers and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of PRMA Consulting. PRMA Consulting is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by bloggers or in relation to any comments that are posted. You should bear in mind that circumstances change and that information that may have been accurate at the time of posting will not necessarily remain so. PRMA Consulting will not tolerate defamatory or libelous material, obscene content and abusive or intimidating comments. PRMA Consulting may monitor blogs and comments on this website and may remove any material from the website at its sole discretion, without warning and without prejudice to any other accrued rights.
These disclaimers and exclusions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
Liability is not limited by the above disclaimers in relation to death or personal injury arising from negligence on the part of PRMA Consulting.
Whilst precautions are taken to detect computer viruses and ensure security, PRMA Consulting cannot guarantee that the website is virus free and secure. PRMA Consulting shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may occur as a result of any virus or breach of security.
Whilst making every attempt to secure personal data, PRMA Consulting cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond the control of PRMA Consulting.